Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Strange "Unable to Connect" problem

• Please log in to reply

mason m

mason m

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have cable high speed internet going into a wireless router from the wireless router, i have a wired connection to my pc. The wireless connection goes to a laptop and xbox 360. My problem is with the PC. After extended use on the internet, my browser will come up as "unable to connect" when i try to go to a web page. If i was on Aol Instant Messenger before I will stay logged in and be able to instant message people until i sign off, which then i will not be able to sign back in. The lights on my modem stay lit up and same with the lights on my router. The xbox and laptop are still able to stay connected. The only way for me to get back onto the internet on my pc is to restart until it happens again.
Any help or possible tips to get the pc to stay connected will be appreciated as this is a royal pain.
Thanks

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
Welcome to Geeks2Go!
Try turning off both router and modem completely and leave off for about a minute, then switch both on again. This will cause them both to 'reset' which may do the trick. You may have to run the router's setup software again to 'handshake' with the modem.

Edited by pip22, 05 May 2008 - 04:45 AM.