Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Norton update disabled extra memory stick

• Please log in to reply

Georgie19

Georgie19

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I have a problem - can anyone help?
I recieved a message to update my norton goback 4.0 yesterday and so I did. Ever since my PC has refused to recognise the existence of my pen drive (extra memory stick) that plugs into the fron USB ports. Tried all sorts of combinations to take it out and put it back in, switched on / off etc.
Best result = LEd on pen drive constantly flashing
Worst result = complete Pc crash (when plugging it in while Pc + XP open and running)

Pen drive has not been wiped - tried it on another PC and worked fine. Cannot afford the extravagant norton charges for help!!!

thanks
Georgie :tazz:

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
Georgie,

If I can be so bold...

I hate to recommend that people remove software they paid for, but in this case I generally make an exception.

Remove Goback.

Goback causes too many random issues on windows xp machines and with system restore, it's usefulness is limited. If you had windows me or earlier, it is a good product, but other than file restoration for xp i just don't see the upside.

Georgie19

Georgie19

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks for your help.
I've uninstalled norton go back but the drive still doesn't work. Just rapidly flashing red light on it. I've tried lots o fthings to get it to recognise it's existence again all to no avail. Do you have any other ideas?? :tazz: