Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Looking For: software that clears user data on reboot

• Please log in to reply

sjayfranks

sjayfranks

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I remember seeing an application on school networks that quietly ran into the background and was locked by an administrator account on a computer. This application was used to stop students from making permanent installations on the computers. I would like to find a similar an application that deleted all user created data in a guest account upon reboot. I would like it so that the "guest" could install programs, they would have full permissions, however, upon reboot, any user installations would be reverted, and personal user data would be deleted. Any ideas on what kinds of applications or approaches I can take to this? I would like to specifically do this with Win XP, if possible... but I'm willing for any Linux suggestions (Ubuntu). Thanks!

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
the program your looking for is called Deep Freeze.