Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

windows xp black screen

• Please log in to reply

jazzblue

jazzblue

• Pip
  • 1 posts
hi, i wonder if someone can help. i have looked into topics already on forum with no success. its toshiba p-100 laptop, was having problem with black screen in normal mode but not in safe/vga mode, then i tried recovery cd and now i cant get into either mode, just black screen after windows logo. if reboot in safe mode, it says re-install, tried several times with no success, any help appreciated, thanks in advance.

Advertisements

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
Try to boot and run a non-windows operating system. Use this link to download "Puppy version 2.16 "Luv"". Burn the ISO file to a CD with a burning program capable of burning ISO files to create a bootable CD. Boot with the CD in place (CD drive should be set as first priority boot device) and let us know what happens.