Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Error in command line

• Please log in to reply

andy101

andy101

• Pip
  • 6 posts
I have recently downloaded Daemon tools. Since i've downloaded it all my desktop icons have change to be associated with this program. However since then I cannot run any programme at all. Every time I do I get an error message reading ' Error in command line'. I literally cannot do anything, everything I try to open up says this, including Daemon tools, media player, even internet explorer. ( I've had to come on a friends pc just to post this message). for some reason daemon tools is'nt showing up in the control panel, programmes and features, so i cant get rid of it there, as I'm assuming it's something to do with this programme. Whenever I go to the daemon tools uninstall, again i just get the error message. I cannot afford to wipe my drive as I have too many things on it that I need. Any help would be much appreciated

cheers

andy

Advertisements

Jacee

Jacee

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 994 posts
  • MVP
Can you get into safe mode to uninstall the program? Disconnect from the Internet/unplug your modem first.

andy101

andy101

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Thanks for the reply.

Just tried uninstalling in safe mode with no internet connection, still getting the error message. When I first got daemon tools, I used it to try and mount an ISO, and thats when I first got the error message, next all my icons then changed to daemon icons, and it's since then that I cant open anything, just the same error message for everything, ' error in line command'. Also I now get this error message 18 times everytime I boot my laptop.I assume thats the applications trying to load. Is there anyway of dissaociating daemon with all my programmes?

Thanks for the help.

Andy.

andy101

andy101

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Just to let you know, managed to sort it. Got system restore started from safe mode with command prompt, and went back to just before daemon tools was installed, system is back to normal. I guess Daemon tools came with a virus of some sort. Anyway all is good now.

Thanks for the help. :)

Andy.

alex999

alex999

• Pip
  • 1 posts
hi, i have the same problem with "error in the command line" from daemon tools. i've tried going in safe mode with the command promt and i did a system restore, but i got "error in the command line." does anyone have any suggestions, i could really use some.