Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Images not appearing in webmail

• Please log in to reply

diggeryo

diggeryo

• PipPipPip
  • 343 posts
My wife is having problems with accessing her webmail through 1and1.com. She's had this problem since we first signed up with them last month. The text of the email appears fine, but the images don't appear at all. This problem has occured on both a computer with XP with IE7 and XP with IE6. The browsers we have used to access the webmail has been IE7, IE6, Avant, and Safari, and the problem happens each time (Avant is the browser we use most often).

She ends up having to forward the email to her old hotmail account, which will then display the pictures without any problems.

1and1 has both virus and spam protection in their control panel, but I have shut them off. I've even shut off the firewall/anti-virus/anti-spyware that is loaded on my computer (AVG), but the problem still occurs.

I could really use some help here, because it took me forever to convince my wife to give up hotmail and go with a pay email host, but now this happens, so I'm concerned if I don't find a solution, she will want to switch back to hotmail.

Thanks in advance,
mike.

Advertisements

diggeryo

diggeryo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 343 posts
Nevermind--- I figured out the problem. There's not actually any problem. 1and1's webmail doesn't have the functionality to display images that aren't attached directly to the email.