Hello Resqme Please read this post completely. It may make it easier for you if you print, or copy and paste this post to a new text document for reference later.
This will likely be a few steps process in removing the malware that has infected your system. I encourage you to stick with it and follow my directions as closely as possible so as to avoid complicating the problem further.
Download CWShredder here
to its own folder.
* Open CWShredder and click I AGREE
* Click Check For Update
* Close CWShredder
Download and install CleanUp!
Please then reboot your computer in Safe Mode
by doing the following :
- Restart your computer
- After hearing your computer beep once during startup, but before the Windows icon appears, tap the F8 key continually;
- Instead of Windows loading as normal, the Advanced Options Menu should appear;
- Select the first option, to run Windows in Safe Mode, then press Enter.
- Choose your usual account.
Perform the following steps in safe mode:
Run the CWShredder
. Click I Agree, then Fix and then Next, let it fix everything it asks about.
Close the Shredder.
by double-clicking the icon on your desktop (or from the Start > All Programs menu).
Set the program up as follows:
Move the arrow down to "Custom CleanUp!
Put a check next to the following (Make sure nothing else is checked!):
- Empty Recycle Bins
- Delete Cookies
- Cleanup! All Users
Press the CleanUp!
button to start the program.
It may ask you to reboot at the end, click Yes.
Restart the computer in Normal Mode.
Please download Spybot Search & Destroy
Follow all the instructions on this website
to run a scan.Run Adaware 2007 Free with the latest definitions.
- Download the latest version of Ad-Aware (Adaware 2007 Free) from here.
- If you have a previous version of Ad-Aware installed, you will be need to uninstall the older version.
- After installing Ad-aware, you will be prompted to update the program and run a full scan.
- Update to the latest definitions before any Scan.
- Once the definitions have been updated run a Full Scan and remove all findings.
- Restart the computer.
Please go HERE
to run Panda's ActiveScan
- Once you are on the Panda site click the Scan your PC button
- A new window will open...click the Check Now button
- Enter your Country
- Enter your State/Province
- Enter your e-mail address and click send
- Select either Home User or Company
- Click the big Scan Now button
- If it wants to install an ActiveX component allow it
- It will start downloading the files it requires for the scan (Note: It may take a couple of minutes)
- When download is complete, click on My Computer to start the scan
- When the scan completes, if anything malicious is detected, click the See Report button, then Save Report and save it to a convenient location. Post the contents of the ActiveScan report as well as a fresh Hijackthis log.