Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows won't start up...

• Please log in to reply

andwedanced

andwedanced

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Al right, so I have a problem . A long time ago my computer helper dude named Zack gave me extra RAM or whatever, and made a new Directory? E:\ (sorry I don't have good computer terms ;D) and then yesterday my father combined them together cause my c:\ file had like 5% free space while e:\ had around 50%.
Then I opened my computer again and I got the black computer screen talking bout
"Safe mode" etc, etc. I can't really rememberbutI tried all of them and it didnt do anything. My dad then took out the harddrive and put it on my other computer (i dont really care aout the computer just the files in the thecomputer but it didnt do anything..or at least i don't think so. and then today it said : back up files on your computer!! or something like that I will check again. I care about the files. I NEED THE FILES. I will kill someone or something for those files o_0 . Is there any way to fix this problem and get my files back. I have important stuff in there! Please reply!!! :tazz:

//I will be adding more info, such as what the screen said when I go on my computer to check but I WANT TO KEEP MY FILES. THATS ALL I ASK.

Would a professional know what to do? Mine is on vacation.///

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
a good one would

what was the other computer as far as operating systems concerned?

And when he put it in the other computer, did he take out the other drive?