Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

hijacked browser [CLOSED]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

victorialk

victorialk

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I am on xp and used Spyware begone, then I purchased Ad Aware and spyblot. Yesterday, I bought stopzilla and also dl hijack This. I read my logs and still can't change them after delting them. I disabled the DNS client and checked the driver host which is fine. I did some research and found that this hijacking has been around since 2005. I can't believe that none of these products can help me. This is what my browser say : http://www.microsoft...p...&ar=msnhome. So therefore, I am begining to think it is a new trojan with an old name.

Can anyone help ?

Victoria

Advertisements

andrewuk

andrewuk

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 5,297 posts
Hi victorialk

welcome to geekstogo :)

lets do a deeper scan of your machine to see what is going on.

Please download Deckard's System Scanner (DSS) and save it to your Desktop.
  • Close all other windows before proceeding.
  • Double-click on dss.exe and follow the prompts.
  • When it has finished, dss will open two Notepads main.txt and extra.txt -- please copy (CTRL+A and then CTRL+C) and paste (CTRL+V) the contents of main.txt and extra.txt in your next reply.

you may need to post the logs over 2 replies to ensure all the information is posted.

andrewuk

victorialk

victorialk

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I have tried three times, the icon goes on my desk top and when I hit run it disappears. I can't even find it on my all programs list. Plus now in the address bar of your site I have a big red 8. And my browser was acting crazy and came open with a red 8 again and said blank page and I could not get off of it. The control alt delete button would not work either and I had to manually turn off the computer. I do have Hijack this log if that helps how ever now when I scan notepad does not come up and I can find any of the logs from yesterday in notepad.

Victoria

andrewuk

andrewuk

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 5,297 posts
ok, lets try a few things:

firstly, try scanning with DSS in safe mode. you may have to first download DSS again in normal mode, but dont try and run it.

To get into Safe Mode do the following:
  • Restart your computer
  • After hearing your computer beep once during startup, but before the Windows icon appears, tap the F8 key continually;
  • Instead of Windows loading as normal, the Advanced Options Menu should appear;
  • Select the first option, to run Windows in Safe Mode, then press Enter.
  • Choose your usual account.

if that does not work, try running Hijackthis in safe mode.

let me know how it goes.

andrewuk

andrewuk

andrewuk

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 5,297 posts
Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.