Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

rejoice101.exe what to do? [CLOSED]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

beenick

beenick

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have a autorun virus.when i connect a usbdevice to the computer,two files are created in the root file which are rejoice101.exe and autorun.inf.when i check the process,there is hidden IEXPLORER.EXE run as system rights.AND i don't
open any webpages,then i use the icesword to check if there are any illegal boot items in my system found nothing either
in my driver root or registered services.AND i find nothing in the regidit boot items.Finally i find the rejioce101.exe in the dictionayr of system32 ,i can't del it.when i try the icesword to del it forcely,the system dumped.Beside i haven't found any
dlls related with the virus in the comman process.there are another abnomal hidden process in the system calc.exe,which
contains no dlls .

Advertisements

Tal

Tal

Trusted Helper

• Retired Staff
  • 2,138 posts
Hello beenick , welcome to GeeksToGo! :)

My name is Tal, and I will be helping you in the process of removing malware from your computer.

Before we proceed to clean your computer from malware, let's go over some points that will help both me and you, and prevent causing damage to your computer:
  • Please don't be afraid to ask questions! :) No question is considered dumb here. It's better to be safe than sorry!
  • Please follow the steps exactly in the same order posted. If you can't perform a certain step, or you're unsure on what to do, please stop and let me know.
  • NEVER fix anything in HijackThis or other programs on your own! This can be very dangerous and cause harm to your system. If you see a certain entry or program you're unsure about, please don't hesitate to ask! :)

You may also want to Track This Topic. This feature of the forum will send out an email to the email address you've signed up with as soon as I reply, so you can be notified of my reply. To do this, please locate the Options menu, located just under the New Topic and New Reply icons. Once you've found it, click it, and choose Track This Topic from the dropdown menu (the first option). In the page that appears after you have clicked Track This Topic, select Immediate Email Notification, then click Proceed.

Please download Deckard's System Scanner (DSS) and save it to your Desktop.
  • Close all other windows before proceeding.
  • Double-click on dss.exe and follow the prompts.
  • When it has finished, dss will open two Notepads main.txt and extra.txt -- please copy (CTRL+A and then CTRL+C) and paste (CTRL+V) the contents of main.txt and extra.txt in your next reply. Note: It's likely that the two logs won't fit into one post. If so, please post extra.txt in a separate post.

Tal

Tal

Trusted Helper

• Retired Staff
  • 2,138 posts
Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.