, welcome to GeeksToGo!
My name is Tal
, and I will be helping you in the process of removing malware from your computer.
Before we proceed to clean your computer from malware, let's go over some points that will help both me and you, and prevent causing damage to your computer:
- Please don't be afraid to ask questions! No question is considered dumb here. It's better to be safe than sorry!
- Please follow the steps exactly in the same order posted. If you can't perform a certain step, or you're unsure on what to do, please stop and let me know.
- NEVER fix anything in HijackThis or other programs on your own! This can be very dangerous and cause harm to your system. If you see a certain entry or program you're unsure about, please don't hesitate to ask!
You may also want to Track This Topic
. This feature of the forum will send out an email to the email address you've signed up with as soon as I reply, so you can be notified of my reply. To do this, please locate the Options
menu, located just under the New Topic
and New Reply
icons. Once you've found it, click it, and choose Track This Topic
from the dropdown menu (the first option). In the page that appears after you have clicked Track This Topic
, select Immediate Email Notification
, then click Proceed
Please download Deckard's System Scanner (DSS)
and save it to your Desktop.
- Close all other windows before proceeding.
- Double-click on dss.exe and follow the prompts.
- When it has finished, dss will open two Notepads main.txt and extra.txt -- please copy (CTRL+A and then CTRL+C) and paste (CTRL+V) the contents of main.txt and extra.txt in your next reply. Note: It's likely that the two logs won't fit into one post. If so, please post extra.txt in a separate post.