Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

PLEASE HELP! I'm desperate :(

• Please log in to reply

x_emma_x

x_emma_x

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Okay, first of all - Hey everyone :tazz:

Please help - I am actually desperate now! I have just had my computer repaired, and already - it's gone wrong. I had AVG pop up and tell me I had a trojan dial up - I think I have got rid of this but anyway, the problem started when i got filost.com pop ups. Following the advice on the forums (very helpful by the way!) i downloaded hijack this....and using information from posts from people with similar problems, managed to get rid of these darn pop ups. Anyway, after a reboot - my taskbar and start menu have reverted to a grey theme? I have tried everything and need to know whether this is spyware? malware? a virus? Please, I am actually desperate, it's so annoying after just having it repaired!

Any help would be SO much appriciated,

Emma

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
did you try changing the theme

Right click ont he desktop, choose Properties, choose THEMES, change the theme to windows XP (non-modified)

x_emma_x

x_emma_x

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Yes I did, but it was unsucessful. Thanks anyway. Anymore ideas? It only happened since I used hijack this.

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
got a screen shot?

x_emma_x

x_emma_x

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I do indeed....

Attached Thumbnails

• screenshot.JPG

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
right click the MY COMPUTER, choose PROPERTIES, choose ADVANCED TAB, choose SETTINGS button in PERFORMANCE section, choose ADJUST FOR BEST APPEARANCE, then OK button

x_emma_x

x_emma_x

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I tried, but it didn't work! :tazz: any other help will be greatly appriciated!

Thanks, emma.