Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

vbalARListBarLib run-time error '0'; SHS cannot quit

• Please log in to reply

nuggets

nuggets

• Pip
  • 7 posts
For the past few days I get this popup and it is not going away.
When I go to shut down the computer, I also get the SHS cannot quit popup.

It takes many clicks of both to be able to shut down.

Why am I getting these popups?

Once these started to popup, I have been unable to open new windows by right-clicking.

Also happening in the past few days, I have been having a lot of trouble accessing my hotmail account: can't login, when I go back to the previous window sometimes I can log in (not sure why this is), and each e-mail message takes forever to open. This is not happening with my Facebook account.

Advertisements

anzenketh

anzenketh

BSOD Warrior/Computer Surgeon

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
I suggest you go to the Malware Forum and run all the steps located in the START HERE. These self-help tools will help you clean up 70% of problems on your own. If you are still having problems after doing the steps, then please post a HiJackThis Log in THAT forum. If you are unable to run and/or post a HJT log, then post that in your initial post in the topic you create in that forum.

If you are still having problems after being given a clean bill of health from the malware expert, then please return to THIS thread and we will pursue other options to help you solve your current problem(s).

nuggets

nuggets

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Update

I haven't been able to log on here since I posted- literally. Not sure why but just another issue. Seems that I have to enter my username and password for each page I go to. So my apologies for the delay.

I did resolve this problem on my own.
Turns out that I deleted the blue items in RegCleaner by accident. So what I did was just restore some of the entries (I hadn't used RegCleaner in a while so it was easy to see which ones I had to restore. It appears that once I had started to reuse RegCleaner again I had begun to accidently delete the blue instead of the green ones. So once I restored these items- presto!- error messages disappeared. Big DUH. :) :)

FYI- the SHS is the self healing software that comes from my internet provider. It took me a little while to realize what SHS was.

ABOUT THE MALWARE REMOVAL STEPS
I do want to add that I was unable to do the malware removal steps for the longest time. I wasn't able to download the software because of the javascript problems that I had been having, or once I did download the software I would get some kind of an error message when trying to install, or the program was not available at that time (like the pandascan- I still haven't done a pandascan). It has been UNBELIEVABLE. Anyways, I have made some progress and I would like to add that I have found no malware on my computer. More questions have resulted more than anything. So I anticipate posting new threads.

Thanks for your help!