Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Office XP Pro

• Please log in to reply

fthful2

fthful2

• PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
When I copy something from the web and paste into Word my firewall comes up and asks to be connected to 72.???.??.??

I forget the true address, but if I do a whois through Sam Spade it comes back as Layered Technologies.

My question is should this happen and should I "allow" this to happen all the time?
Should this be blocked all the time?

Also it is extreamly slooooow to paste and also print through my print server and router in my local network. It takes like 2 minutes to go to the printer.

I would appreciate it if someone could help me fix or understand what is happening.

Thanks

fthful2

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
a couple of thoughts about this issue. when you copy and past from an html source into word, it retains a bunch of formating info. So big question is does it return with this same info any time you copy, even if your copying from yahoo.com?