Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

winlogon.exe going to 99% cpu usage every 60 seconds

• Please log in to reply

Erick Leon

Erick Leon

• Pip
  • 1 posts
On may 05th my computer began to stop for approx a second every 60 seconds. Using task manager I realized winlogon.exe was causing this, going to 99% cpu usage every exactly 60 seconds.

It seems exactly the same problem I saw in other topic here, sent by djvasco, same day, same country... thats weird...

Searching the web I could not find anything that helped me with this problem, but I found similar problems and people saying it could be a spyware. So I ran a System Restore on my computer to a day prior to the problem and the lag finally have stoped.

A few hours surfing the web, the problem started all over again. Then I installed and updated Spybot Search & Destroy / Spyware Guard / AdAware / CCleaner / Spyware blaster but the problem did not go away.

I did another System Restore and again the problem disappeared. After the restore I reinstalled all these softwares above, and til now the problem seems to be resolved, but I am afraid that after some hours surfing the web this problem appears again, as happened before.

Do you know what is this (is it spyware?) and how to get it removed or prevent it happens again?

Thanks in advance.

Advertisements