Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Roxio Suite 10 Error message

• Please log in to reply

Michkamona

Michkamona

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
Hello geeks,

First of all, let me thank you for providing this great service to people like me who dream of doing so much with their computers and then get stalled and smothered by troubleshooting problems.

Let me begin with my sad story, :)

I recently purchased Roxio Easy Media Creator 10 Suite, in order to create DVD's from digital camcorder recordings of workshops that our program offers (this is work related). I was told it was a "Super" program and that I would be able to do basically anything with it. I had been using the Video Wave and the Converter, and the Audio sub programs with not a single problem, but when I finally tried to use the MyDVD Express in order to create a DVD from the video files I had created (and yes, saved in the proper formats) on Video Wave, the program would not open. Then I tried opening the twin My DVD, and it did the samething. :)

It would say "Loading component..." and then these messages would appear

Oh great! I can't show the pictures because I can't upload them. I Browse first, select the picture, open, and then upload. I have no idea what step I'm missing so I'm going to have to write it all out..

1st message
1st_message.JPG

(hey I just saved the files as jpg's and it worked, I suppose they were too big as 24-bitmap images :) )

2nd message
2nd_message.JPG

3rd message
3rd_message.JPG

4th message
4th_message.JPG

5th message after having to "End Now" the program
5th_message_after_end_now_command.JPG

and finally...
last message
last_message.JPG

I used pictures because I really don't know anything about computers when it comes to troubleshooting and high tech stuff...so please use the "EASIEST" language possible and explain "EVERYTHING"

FYI...the Roxio program still works even after shutting down the MyDVD and MyDVD Express. I just click on any of the other features and it works fine. Doesn't mess up my computer or the program itself. It just won't let those two features within the program work. Please help! I haven't seen if the program works on my Windows Vista Laptop yet. I'm going to check that as well. If it doesn't...I suppose you'll be hearing from me again. Thanks

Ah, and just for anyones 411. Roxio SUCKS!!!!! When it comes to Technical Support. You have two options with them. Use the dumbest version of automated computer support or PAY for actual assitence via phone. What ripp offs! I wish I could tell the world they are money hungry egotistical leeches! But oh well. That's why I really appreciate what you're all doing. It's not your responsibility. Yet, you're taking the time to help. Thank again! :) :)

Advertisements

rodneymckay

rodneymckay

• PipPip
  • 49 posts
Roxio tech support can't keep up with their customer support because of their software. Sorry to hear. I certainly would suggest you try using ConvertXtoDVD. Excellent program that is small and is a one step processing that will convert and burn in one click. There is a trial version.

http://www.vso-softw...nvert_x_to_dvd/

Michkamona

Michkamona

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
Well, I would agree and say it's the software but it works fine on my laptop (Dell) which is brandnew and functions with Windows Vista.

It's in my work computer that the software bungle up that way and only with the DVD portion, all the other subcatagories work, like video editing, cd creator, data cd creator, the converters of music and video files.

The only reason I care that it doesn't work at work :) is because I requested the software from my boss in order to create videos from the various workshops we offer our students (we provide Healthy Marriage Instruction courses). So, you see, I already placed my bets with this program and I have to make it work because our program already bought it for that purpose and we don't have that many funds. Besides, in all logicality it should work because it functions perfectly fine in my personal computer. It really is a marvelous program that allows for so much creativity when editing video, music, and photos. It's an all in one, until you hit a trouble shooting issue like me and the company offers no assistence, atleast not any that won't end by costing you about as much as the software did :)

Our computer tech guy thinks my computer is just "missing the correct drives" :) which I definately didn't understand. I'm hoping there's another solution 'cause I don't want to be dragging and using my laptop for work. Who knows what bugs I might pick up or pass on, not to mention the memory I'll have to use on my own computer so please :) someone. Any ideas as to how I can fix the problem?

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hello Michkamona...

Just so we're not overlooking the obvious...

Is your optical drive a dvd-r? Or is it a dvd-rom. I ran into a similar issue on an Acer laptop. The dvd burning portion of the program wouldn't work because there was no recording device installed that could handle the formats it uses. Turns out the Acer has a dvd-rom drive.

wannabe1

Michkamona

Michkamona

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
Ah, thank you so much for responding! :) I don't mind the obvious questions...the dvd drive on the pc has written on it...

"DVD R/RW" and "RW DVD+Rewritable" and "compact disc ReWritable"

Just in case you need to know...It works with Windows XP, has intel Core 2 Duo inside, it's from DELL and has the name "OPTIPLEX 745" written on the unit. It also has those really small drives for SM, xD, CR/MD,SD/mini, MMC/RS, and MS/Pro/Duo. Hah! All I know is I can stick a memory disk from our camera into one of those, the rest are a mystery to me... :)

FYI: I don't have administrative priviledges on this computer so...If you have any suggestions, please help me "understand" what they are and "why" they may be needed in order to pass on the information to one of my supervisors who has the administrative codes and gives out the permission to our tech guy to fix any problems on our computers.

Thanks a bundle!

Edited by Michkamona, 16 May 2008 - 05:33 PM.

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Open My Computer, right click on the optical drive, and choose "Properties". Under the "Recording" tab, is recording enabled for the device?

Michkamona

Michkamona

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
Hi again!

I did as you suggested and the screen looked like everything was already enabled...here's a picture.

Message_for_enabled_cd_recording.JPG

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
This is a fairly generic error. I found this on roxio's site: http://kb.roxio.com/...inOnCD/000103CR

To break it down, you should defrag your hard drive and make sure you have plenty of free space available to complile the cd (4gigs or more)

In addition:

Try these steps to resolve this issue:

1. Update Microsoft DirectX.
1. Go to Microsoft DirectX download page.
2. Follow the onscreen instructions to download the latest DirectX End-User Runtime.
3. Once the download has completed, locate and run the DirectX installation.
4. After installation, you will need to reboot your computer.

2. Update your display driver.
1. Update the latest drivers for your video card. You can access the drivers by visiting your computer manufacturer's website or by going to the video card manufacturer's website directly.

3. Switch Render mode to Software.
1. Launch VideoWave.
2. Go to Tools -> Options.
3. If Render using is set to Hardware, switch it to Software.
4. Close and re-launch VideoWave.

Michkamona

Michkamona

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
Leeping Lizards! IT WORKED!!!

I didn't defragment the computer 'cause I still had 200GB free disk space. I didn't follow with the first two directions 'cause that required administrative priviledges so I went ahead and followed step 3, (to change in options Render from Hardware to Software) and it worked. IT WORKED!! Oh my! You guys are good. I could cry. Anyway, it doesn't look like I'll have to submit the other suggestions to our tech guy who has the administrative priviledges 'cause this thing is working now. However, I want to be sure about it. Do you think I should get steps one and two taken care of anyway or am I good to go? :)

Again, thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you!!!!.......