Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Video Card Temperature.

• Please log in to reply

Shadel

Shadel

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hey guys, new to this. i Recently downloaded from nvidia a monitoring system that shows my Performance, Bus Speeds, Voltages, Temperatures, and Fan RPMs.

Now i have PNY GeForce 8600GT 512MB video card, right now at idle the GPU1 Temp is at 47c, i have a big computer case with 2 250mm fans on each side where i can turn them both on and off seperatly and control fan speed, with both fans on at max speed the GPU1 temp goes from 47 to 48 or so..

i Play a game called Everquest. i have the latest drivers from nvidia 1.69 and with one fan on at max speed the temp rises to about 60c and with both fans on at max speed the temp doesn;t rise as fast but it still rises, i have never had problems playing everquest for hours at a time before i downloaded the monitoring system, but now that i see that the temp is rising close to 70c or possibly higher, im starting to worry a bit, is that a good temp or a bad temp? is my idle good or bad? i don;t know where else to look to find answers.

Thanks much.

Advertisements

charge06

charge06

• PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
i hvw the same card.

it idles at 51c, and i have ntune monitor keep track of temps, after playing cod4 for a few hours straight. The temps are go up to 74c it never goes above 74c.

so i think ur temps are fine

right click on the nvidia monitor an click on settings than click on event log and make sure temperature is checked, then click ok, then right click on monitor again and clik enable event logging and name what you want to save it as. that will record the temps every 5-10 secs, during game to so you know what ur temps go up to. it also keeps track of the cpu and mobo temps