Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Vista Bootable ISO

• Please log in to reply

knofler

knofler

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I have a vista downloaded copy, but rather then three vista install files, I have all the extracted folders and setup.exe.bootmgr and autorun files on root drive, whaat I did is I created a Iso file with all these files, and did try to burn the iso on a dvd disk, when I did this, it burnt as vista ultimate and can run the setup from the windows, but when I try to boot from the disk, it does not boot, staright comes to windows menu to choose OS to boot, my First boot device is DVD. I have burnt 4 dvds and none of them worked, even I copied boot files from a bootable vista and copied on the root folder and create an iso image and did try to burn that one, still no luck, I did try to run the iso from my virtual drive for my virtual PC,had no luck either.

Now Could any one tell me what should I do to get a bootable iso, or how can I burn a bootable Vista Ultimate DVD from the extracted folders and files that a DVD actualy contains. I have found some where in internet saying magic iso can create a bootable iso, for that it needs to add a boot image along with the vista iso, and burn the combined image as a single iso, that should work as a bootable vista, didnt work for me. do any one know which one is the boot files for vista, which one should I add as boot image?

I am trying to figure this out for last couple of days, no luck yet. could any one help me please.

Thanks

Advertisements

hfcg

hfcg

The hippie freak computer geek

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,496 posts
Hello,
You downloaded Vista from the internet?
That would be stolen property wouldn't it?

knofler

knofler

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
need help man? do u know how to burn a bootable iso, please help me if you can

hfcg

hfcg

The hippie freak computer geek

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,496 posts
You should purchase a legal copy of Vista

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Vista IS available as a legal download at a few sites.

Can you provide us with the download link you used to get your download? It may help to determine the problem.