Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Cpu wont start up

• Please log in to reply

manharsg

manharsg

• Pip
  • 4 posts
hey guys,

So my story is: I was playing world of warcraft and on ventrillo. All of a sudden my pc wasn't working right and my microphone wasn't function properly and then it froze. So i hit the power button and then i hit it again to turn it on and it starts up but before it loads the username page it shows a blue screen that says a problum was detected and windows shut down. if it is your 1st time reboot and if it happens again reboot in safe mode and uninstall new softwar.
SO, i went on to reboot but my pc wont start in safe mode or normal mode :) And now i have to use my dads computer to talk here!

Please please help me out with any information you can provide!

~Manhar

Advertisements

Nemesis

Nemesis

• PipPipPip
  • 288 posts
I believe it could be a driver that caused the crash. If you've installed any drivers lately try reverting back and see what happens.

manharsg

manharsg

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
well, i haven't downloaded anything besides the microphone cd., world of warcraft, and ventrillo

I hadn't used the pc for about 4 years because i shared a desktop with my sister, and now i took this and for 3 weeks it was perfectand then this happened...
it was perfect for about 5 days after i installed the mic. software, but then poof it doesnt work now D=

manharsg

manharsg

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
it says there is a driver prolum but how do i fix it?

manharsg

manharsg

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/324764