Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Panic! My system won't start up-TOP cc000021a Error [CLOSED]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

ngneer

ngneer

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Ok, I will owe somebody majorly if they can help me! I have Windows XP. This morning I saw something come across before I left about a virus so I click to move it to the vault (Norton). When I got home rebooted machine and get a blue screen when it is trying to load Windows of a "TOP C000021a Fatal System Error" and then it will reboot and try the whole thing over. It won't load even in Safe Mode. I don't have a boot-up disk nor do I have my system backed up. I will try whatever it takes to get to the data on my machine. I do thankfully have another machine I can work off of though. I do have a working knowledge of DOS so I can maneuver some in there if I could get there. PLEASE HELP!

Thanks!
Tamara

Advertisements

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
Can you boot into Normal or Safe Mode ?

If not, restart your PC, keep pressing F8, select Last Known Good Configuration

Let me know if that works

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.