Shutdown always restarts
Posted 09 May 2008 - 08:05 PM
Posted 10 May 2008 - 03:10 PM
Shutdown problems of this nature can be caused by a number of things. There is good information on the issue available Here. Have a look through the information and see if any of the suggestions there bring any relief.
Posted 10 May 2008 - 08:43 PM
had a look at the site and went through but none of the things have fixed it. Any other ideas?
Edited by harveyj176, 10 May 2008 - 08:45 PM.
Posted 11 May 2008 - 01:07 PM
Try booting to Safe Mode then when completely started up, shut down.
Does it still reboot? Or does it shut down properly?
Posted 11 May 2008 - 02:50 PM
For checking the voltages of your power supply please download Everest here.
Once downloaded follow the steps below.
- Open Everest Home Edition.
- Click "Computer" in the left menu.
- In the box to the right there will be some options. Click "Sensors".
- With this screen open, make sure you can see all the voltages then press the "Print Screen" button.
- Open something like Paint and press "CTRL + V". Click File -> Save As...
- Save the picture as a .JPG file.
- Then upload the picture onto your next reply.
Posted 11 May 2008 - 03:08 PM
The GPU which is the Graphical Processing Unit is a bit hot. I'm not completely sure if this would be the cause.
I think I've used up my troubleshooting tools. I'll keep tracking this topic to learn something.
Wannabe1, hope you didn't mind me jumping in.
Posted 11 May 2008 - 03:21 PM
anyone else got any ideas?
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users