Free help from tech experts
Welcome to Geeks to Go forums. Create an account now to gain access to all our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing topics, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. Best of all, registration and all assistance is 100% free! This message, and all ads will be removed once you have signed in.
Sign In Create Account

PC restarts on its own, .dmp/sysdata.xml errors

• Please log in to reply

kelltech

kelltech

• PipPipPip
  • 105 posts
My computer keeps restarting itself and when I log back on I get the following errors:

C:\DOCUME~1\Irish\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERdb1e.dir00\Mini050908-03.dmp

C:\DOCUME~1\Irish\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERdb1e.dir00\sysdata.xml

I have installed the most recent Nvidia driver and have run spyware & virus scans as well as C-Cleaner but have not yet been successful. I appreciate any help that can be offered!

Edited by kelltech, 09 May 2008 - 08:11 PM.

Similar Topics: PC restarts on its own, .dmp/sysdata.xml errors     x

kelltech

kelltech

• PipPipPip
  • 105 posts
I emptied those temp folders and left it running overnight and it's still rebooting. This time it's a different temp folder and different .dmp file names. So maybe a program is causing this, or bad memory?

EDIT: I also just did this workaround I found at Microsoft's site:

http://support.micro...om/?kbid=317277

WORKAROUND
You can solve this problem by recreating the pagefile. To re-create the pagefile, follow these steps:
1. Click Start.
2. Right-click My Computer.
3. Click Properties.
4. On the Advanced tab, in the Performance section, click Settings.
5. In the Virtual Memory section, click Change.
6. For Paging file size for selected drive, click No Paging File, and then click Set.
7. Click Yes after the following warning appears:
If the paging file on volume X: has an initial size of less than xx megabytes, then the system may not be able to create a debugging information file if a STOP error occurs. Continue anyway?

(X is the drive letter and xx is the amount of RAM installed on your computer minus 1 megabyte.)
8. Click System Managed Size.
9. Click OK four times, and then restart the computer when you are prompted.

Edited by kelltech, 10 May 2008 - 09:48 AM.

kelltech

kelltech

• PipPipPip
  • 105 posts
Dangit! It ran fine all day after the MS workaround, I left it on all night and it did it again, another minidump error! :)

Here are the last 3:
\Temp\WERdb1e.dir00\Mini050908-03.dmp
\Temp\WERdb1e.dir00\sysdata.xml

\WER3832.dir00\Mini051008-01.dmp
\WER3832.dir00\sysdata.xml

\WER109a.dir00\Mini051108-01.dmp
\WER109a.dir00\sysdata.xml

kelltech

kelltech

• PipPipPip
  • 105 posts
I really need help here, should I be doing Hijack this or memtests? Help please! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

As Featured On:

featured