Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

anti spyware

• Please log in to reply

espantoe

espantoe

• Pip
  • 1 posts
is this a good combination?spyware terminator and superantispyware?

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
Hi espantoe, welcome to G2G.

What antivirus and firewall are you using? The two you mentioned are good, but I would recommend

Spybot Search & Destroy
SpywareBlaster

These, along with good AV and firewall protect me very well. I also run an occasional (every month or two) online AV scanner.

Ionen

Ionen

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
For the AV I think Avast Home Edition or AVG Free Edition are two of the best alternatives out there
As for the Firewall department Comodo works just fine for me

@Zthruker What online solution do you use for AV scanning?
I use Windows Live Safety Scanner

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
I go through the list, using a different one each time (if I can remember what I used previously :)).

All these scanners require you to use Internet Explorer because they need to install an ActiveX component to run the scan.
I've never even heard of Windows Live Safety Scanner. Is this tied into Windows Onecare?

Just did a search and I see it is part of OneCare, I'll pass on that one.