Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Missing sound from programs

• Please log in to reply

Flexi

Flexi

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hello,

when playing CD´s from my CD drive or playing media files in eg. Media Player or WinAmp I have no problems with sound. However when using programs for ear training eg. Gnu Solfege I dont hear any sound from the speakers. My guess is that I am missing some sort of MIDI driver ? Any other ideas appreciated.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
This program has its own page for Sound issues:
http://www.solfege.o...fege/SoundSetup

Flexi

Flexi

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thanks for the link. I have already had a look at that page but found only info for Win XP and Linux, I will read the page again and check out the pointers it contains.

Flexi

Flexi

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I have had a look at some Linux references and the problem seems to be that my sound card AC97 does not support MIDI. I´ll do some more research.