Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

What is the best gaming/ entertainment laptop

• Please log in to reply

dell4555

dell4555

• Pip
  • 2 posts

I've wanted a great laptop, but keep getting backtracked by the constant slow Cpu speeds, lack of Ram, and most of all PRICE.

So, i was wondering if anyone can help me find online the perfect laptop.

( what i was looking for )
Processor: 2.0-2.1Ghz intel core duo, not too picky on cache (strictly intel, unless amd has some spectacular quad core)
Ram: at least 2Gb of DDR2
Graphics card: 256Mb, I don't know alot about graphics cards, I dont want an extremely expensive one but i do want great graphics and be able to watch movies in great detail without breaking the budget.
USB ports, etc.: doesn't matter
Screen size: If anyone can get a 720i HD screen then be my guest if it keeps it under the price, as far as size 13 inch minimum.
Hard drive: at least 120Gb, no solid states.
Extra: burns dvd's and cd's ( I think thats standard on all laptops now-a-days), doesnt matter on bluetooth, webcams, or fingerprint readers.

Advertisements

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Hi there,

I had a quick look for you on Newegg, I found this ASUS notebook which seems like a decent deal for the price, although it's just over your budget amount.

Have a look at the specifications tab, and then do some research to see if you can find a similar notebook for cheaper. :)

Cheers

Troy

EDIT: Oh, and welcome to Geeks to Go!

Edited by troy, 12 May 2008 - 12:07 AM.