Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

please check signal cable

• Please log in to reply

frat

frat

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I recently moved my computer back home from college and attempted to boot it up and the power supply burnt out. I replaced it with my brothers and now I'm getting this error message showing up on my monitor. The error is "Please check signal cable".

-I tried with a different monitor, no luck.
-I reseated the video card and RAM
-I rewired the computer to make sure I didn't mess up when I put the new power supply in.

When the computer boots up it doesn't beep like it used to, but I'm not sure what piece of hardware caused that beep.

At first I thought it might be a HD problem... but I made sure it was connected to a power source but I can't tell whether it's running or not. Now I'm worried it's a mobo problem and will cost a lot to fix.

Any ideas?? Thanks in advance.

Edited by frat, 10 May 2008 - 04:21 PM.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
The error message might be nice... unless its that in your title :)
This could be a fault with the graphics card itself.

Edited by Neil Jones, 10 May 2008 - 04:20 PM.

frat

frat

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

The error message might be nice... unless its that in your title :)
This could be a fault with the graphics card itself.

It is the title, but I should have specified anyway. I've edited my post.