lsass, what is it?!
Posted 10 May 2008 - 10:53 PM
Posted 11 May 2008 - 05:59 AM
lsass.exe is a legitimate process belonging to Windows. Starting from SP2, all Windows installations have this process. The sasser worm indeed has the same name, but runs from a different directory. If you want to make a checkup to make sure you aren't infected, please post an HijackThis log:
Click here to download HJTInstall.exe
- Save HJTInstall.exe to your desktop.
- Doubleclick on the HJTInstall.exe icon on your desktop.
- By default it will install to C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis .
- Click on Install.
- It will create a HijackThis icon on the desktop.
- Once installed, it will launch Hijackthis.
- Click on the Do a system scan and save a logfile button. It will scan and the log should open in notepad.
- Click on "Edit > Select All" then click on "Edit > Copy" to copy the entire contents of the log.
- Come back here to this thread and Paste the log in your next reply.
- DO NOT have Hijackthis fix anything yet. Most of what it finds will be harmless or even required.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users