Can you see if you can get Kaspersky online scanner to run again please?
First check in add/remove programs to see if Kaspersky online scanner is listed & uninstall it if it is.
Then..... Must use IE!
Using Internet Explorer
please do an online scan with Kaspersky Online Scanner
Click on Kaspersky Online Scanner
Click "I accept"
You will be prompted to install an ActiveX component from Kaspersky, Click Yes
- The program will launch and then start to download the latest definition files.
- Once the scanner is installed and the definitions downloaded, click Next.
- Now click on Scan Settings
- In the scan settings make sure that the following are selected:
- Scan using the following Anti-Virus database:
- Extended (If available otherwise Standard)
- Scan Options:
- Scan Archives
- Scan Mail Bases
- Click OK
- Now under select a target to scan select My Computer
- The scan will take a while so be patient and let it run. Once the scan is complete it will display if your system has been infected.
- Now click on the Save report button.
- Call it Kaspersky.txt
- Expand the arrow beside "file types" and save as .txt file.
- Save the file to your desktop.
- Copy and paste that information in your next post.
It is recommended to disable onboard antivirus program and antispyware programs while performing scans so no conflicts and to speed up scan time.Please don't go surfing while your resident protection is disabled!
Once scan is finished remember to re-enable
resident antivirus protection along with whatever antispyware app you use.
If you have Internet Explorer 7 installed:
If you have trouble getting past the initial download you may need to use the "zoom" tool at bottom right of the scanner window and decrease it to 75% to see and press the "accept" button.
Page will reload and you should be able to carry on scan.
These SNF messages...
Do you have to open a browser for this to happen or does browser open by itself and display SNF message?
Also would like to try this:
Boot to SAFE mode (your account)
Run dss.exe again to get the log.
(don't worry about the warning you get --- app is just complaining cus it cant make a restore point in safe mode)
Once scan is done -- boot back up to normal mode and post this log: