Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Photoshop Organizer Trouble

• Please log in to reply

Mudkipboy

Mudkipboy

• PipPip
  • 65 posts
I recently tried putting a video on my camera's SD memory card to see if it would play, but it didn't work. I put the card back into my computer and the photoshop organizer started importing the video.

Organizer froze, and each time I try to come back in it, there's a window that says:

Files Ready For Import

New files have been downloaded from device(s) since last launch of Photoshop Elements. Photoshop Elements will now import these files into catalog.

(check box) When finished, show only the new files in Photo Browser

(OK)

I can see The organizer behind the window, but I can't do anything other than click OK on the window. The import starts and Photoshop Organizer freezes too fast for me to click "Stop Download". The memory card is not in my computer. Clicking the check box does not do anything.

Can someone help me stop the import? I don't want to have to re-install my Photoshop.

Advertisements

superstar

superstar

• PipPipPip
  • 718 posts
Are you trying to say that Photoshop keeps trying to access or import a video you put on an sd card without your permission? What kind of format file is this video? [ie: avi, mov, wmv, etc]

Mudkipboy

Mudkipboy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
I think what happened was because It stopped responding (not stopped on purpose by me), while it was trying to import, Photoshop Organizer automatically tried again to import the pictures.

I fixed the problem by filling the memory card with many pictures, so I could stop it importing before it froze.