Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Win32.trojandownloader.Agent [RESOLVED]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts
Mike,
Also, I do get an error message when I re-boot referring to "wild tangent" but it doesnt show up when I run a Hijack this scan. How can I get rid of wild tangent error message?
Thanks,
Rich

Advertisements

Mike

Mike

Malware Monger

• Retired Staff
  • 2,745 posts
Hi Rich,

This is great. I do have one more question, when you say "If you want to speed up your computer a bit you can fix these lines with Hijack This:" does that mean you want me to check the box of any of those "04" items you have listed and then click on "fix checked"?

Exactly, what this will do is remove these items from your startup, and speed your computers boot time a bit.

Also, I do get an error message when I re-boot referring to "wild tangent" but it doesnt show up when I run a Hijack this scan. How can I get rid of wild tangent error message?
Thanks,

Do you use WildTangent? If not go to start > add or Remove programs and uninstall:

WildTangent <-- plus anything with WildTangent in its name.

And delete this folder: C:\Program Files\WildTangent.

Reboot. Are you still getting this error message? Also did you already do the "optional fixes" in my last post?

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts
Mike,
Mark this file: Resolved
Thanks for all your help. May God bless you and your family.
Thanks,
Rich

Mike

Mike

Malware Monger

• Retired Staff
  • 2,745 posts
Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help. :)

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.