Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Requesting help.. Not sure if system clean from spyware [RESOLVED]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Mike

Mike

Malware Monger

• Retired Staff
  • 2,745 posts
Your log still looks clean, can you tell me what CA found (i.e the name of the trojan)? Are you still experiencing any problems?

What do you mean you installed Spyware Warrior? As is a Anti-Spyware program named Spyware Warrior?

Edited by Mike, 21 May 2008 - 03:22 AM.

Advertisements

awprocks

awprocks

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
Hi Mike,

Sorry I wasn't clear.. What I downloaded is from the link below.

IE-SPYAD puts over 5000 sites in your restricted zone so you'll be protected when you visit innocent-looking sites that aren't actually innocent at all.
http://www.spywarewa...uc/resource.htm

The Spyware Blaster software I had to download from download.com - I wasn't sure if that's where I got my new trojan from. Anyway, g;ad to hear my log looks ok, I did another Spyware check just now and found nothing.

awprocks

awprocks

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
The two trojans and one infected file that were caught were:

Trojan.RegFish.A (file name phishingfix.biz) located in the registry for Zonemap
Trojan.RegFish.A (file name dettaglio.biz) located in the registry for Zonemap
Dialer HC (infection type dialer - file name xxx-content.name) located in the registry for Zonemap

Mike

Mike

Malware Monger

• Retired Staff
  • 2,745 posts
Hi there awprocks,

The programs I had you download are definitely Spyware-free, download.com is also a very safe place to download, so I don't believe that downloading these programs were the cause.
I will leave this thread open for a few days, If you have any more problems, post them here.

If your browser issue hasn't been resolved I would recommend asking in the Web Browsers forum here at geekstogo and ask your question there.

Take care,

Mike

Edited by Mike, 21 May 2008 - 06:55 AM.

Mike

Mike

Malware Monger

• Retired Staff
  • 2,745 posts
Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help. :)

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.