Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Startup slow, programs freezing up.

• Please log in to reply

spinedaddy

spinedaddy

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
My startup is extremely slow. When I finally get started, internet sites, and email attachments freeze up. Please help!

Johnny

Advertisements

Artellos

Artellos

Tech Secretary

• Global Moderator
  • 3,915 posts
I see you started a topic in the malware forum and you're being helped.
This problem could be malware related and I suggest you follow the steps given in the malware forum.

If you still experience trouble after the malware experts declare you clean then feel free to post back in this thread and we'll help you with the best of our knowledge.

Regards,
Olrik

spinedaddy

spinedaddy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
I finally got my computer free from the Malware. I'm still having issues with startup being slow and email not working properly. The internet seems slower also. The malware helper told me to come here for help.

Johnny

fenzodahl512

fenzodahl512

• Malware Removal
  • 9,863 posts
Hello.. we meet again :)

Firstly, have you read an excellent article by miekiemoes and perform all the steps suggested? Your RAM should be enough by the way :)
Help! My computer is slow!