Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Xp or windows 2003 install problem on SATA drive

• Please log in to reply

dere

dere

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello, I have Samsung SP2004C hard drive. The machine is HP pavilion a1640n with xp media center. I didn't like to media center decided to load my own xp professional or windows 2003 server. Every time I tried loading the operating system, it doesn't detect the hard drive. My bios detects the drive and SATA is enabled in bios. I even formatted the hardrive completely with window 98 bood disk. I have spent over 7 days trying to figure out to solve this issue. I know it is a driver issue but I couldn't find the driver anywhere and how to install it too. Any help will be appreciated.
Thank you!
Dere

Advertisements

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
look in the bios and set the sata drive as IDE...windows should go right on then

dere

dere

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello Happyrck,
You are smart. Thank you so much! I did what you suggested and it fixed the problem. Serveral attempts to HP didn't have a clue I am glad I posted here.
Thank you again!
Dereje

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
your welcome... :)