Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

power problem

• Please log in to reply

ambmy9

ambmy9

• PipPipPip
  • 140 posts
I have a compaq presario v2414nr notebook. The problem is that I am getting no power. I tested the power cord on my other notebook which had the exact power cord and it works fine so its not the cord. I am thinking its the power jack thats messed up. I was wondering if anyone had this problem with one of their notebooks and can give me some pointers on how to fix it, and were to get the parts to fix it. The computer is about 3-4 years old, so is not under warranty any more. I also wanted to know if the battery went bad would it make it were I could not power up the notebook. :) I dont want to mess with it with out some research and advice on how to do it. I do have experience with fixing and upgrading computers, but this is my first for a notebook.

Advertisements

ambmy9

ambmy9

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts
If anyone has some pointers on this or were to look for the info.....I would appreciate it.

ambmy9

ambmy9

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts
I see no one seems to know the answer....so I will look around see if I can find the answer :) :)