Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

computer will not turn on

• Please log in to reply

bigdogalex

bigdogalex

• PipPip
  • 85 posts
I think my hard drive may have died. I was on the internet and all of a sudden my HP Pavillion laptop shutdown completly. (Sort of like a power failure) It is plugged in, light signifying power to unit is on, but when I try to turn on the computer NOTHING happens. Is this a hard drive crash? It has not been acting up or making any sort of noices. I do a regular CA Virus etc scan with daily updates.

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
Sounds more like the power supply to me. Open the case and look inside, see if anything is disconnected it loose.

bigdogalex

bigdogalex

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts
Update - This is actually a hardware problem. Its a HP Pavillion dv9005us laptop. HP has issued a "LimitedWarrenty Service Enhancement" for a known hardware problem. I am sending it back to them to have it repaired free.