Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Administrators Rights Denied

• Please log in to reply

katnip

katnip

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hello All!

I have just registered on this website, but have lurked Geeks to Go Forums and have found a fix by using the "search" function. This time I'm totally in the dark.

I have a problem that IBM or AT&T DSL cannot help me with. On my IBM R51e Laptop I have been getting denied administrator's rights. I bought this laptop on Ebay a couple of years ago and it was still under warranty. Running some of my programs, ie 'photography'. I am denied access.

I have sent this PC to IBM about 3 times. It has been unsuccessful in getting this problems resolve, I have ran countless system restores on it to no avail. IBM said that this laptop was originally issued to a corporation and that I should contact who I had purchased it from.

Then I tried to get help with my AT&T DSL because I'm once again denied the privilege to download browser, anti-virus, etc. Now AT&T throws me back to IBM. I purchased an extended warranty with IBM, a glitch on their end, it's good until the year 2013. (I know I'll be dead or this laptop will be.)

I have a desktop PC as well and made sure that the Computer Management on the Administrators Tools of Local Users and Groups are set correctly. I'm running Windows XP Pro that was pre-installed in the IBM Laptop R51e.

I have gone to START > RUN and typed in "cmp" then ENTER typed in the "net user" on the Command Prompt to see if I could locate something in my HKEYS. No luck!

I'm like a cat chasing its tail. As I have stated, I have lurked this forum due to other problems, and had them resolved with a click here and there.

I'm in hopes that someone may have the fix for me.

Sincerely,
Kat

BTW if I have posted this in the wrong forum please redirect this thread to the right forum. - THANKS! -

Advertisements