Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Wallpaper altered to pop-ups, can't change it

• Please log in to reply

IanIsBored2000

IanIsBored2000

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Hi, yesterday, my background wallpaper on my desktop unexpectedly changed from the picture of my dog to a blue screen that said "You should run an anti Virus check" or something like that. A few seconds later it changed to a red screen with the same text. Finally after a few seconds, it changed AGAIN, and ever since then my wallpaper has been some dark blue thing with light blue swirl designs, and pop-ups. I can't exit the pop-ups, I think they're part of the wall paper. Also, right clicking and going into properties doesn't help. I can't change the background...all the options are greyed out. Can anyone help? I've run a lot of anti viruses, and gotten rid of some other symptoms, but the pop-up background is still there, and the options to chnge it are greyed out. Thanks in advamce, Ian.

Advertisements

IanIsBored2000

IanIsBored2000

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Also, sometimes when I have more than two broswer windows open, the deskbar (Blue thing along the very bottom, with start button/time and stuff, don't know the real name) and icons will dissapear, and even task manager won' do anything. Restarting is the only option when it happens. SuperANTI spyware has detected and deleted a bunch of things with "vundo" in the name. What's a vundo? Thanks, Ian