Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Ideas for Adventures.

• Please log in to reply

anzenketh

anzenketh

BSOD Warrior/Computer Surgeon

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
Here is a good topic. What is the most creative date you have been on. Movies parents and walk in the park are nice and all but what is the most creative type of date that you have been on or taken somone out on.

Advertisements

frantique

frantique

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,700 posts
What a great topic :)
I think the one that stands out for me was when I lived up on the beautiful northern beaches area of Sydney around Palm Beach and Avalon. The ocean is on one side and then there's a big hill and down the other side is an enoumous beautiful bay. My husband and I lived in a really big mansion that had a flat underneath. The couple who lived underneath invited us to dinner. We arrived at the appointed time (which was about half an hour or so before sunset) and they directed us to their car. They drove us to one of the many bayside beaches that had a very long narrow wharf. Out of the boot (trunk) of their car they got a folding table, basket full of goodies and another box full of ?. We all walked out to the end of the pier. They went ahead and right at the end of the pier they set up the folding table with folding seats. The table was the exact width of the pier and we sat at the table facing out to the bay. On the other side of the bay was a national park with the sun setting over it. Out of the box and on to the table they placed a white tablecloth, two candles, wine glasses, a dinner set with silver cutlery and a beautiful salad bowl. Then out of the box they took a portable casette player (old fashioned boom box!) and started playing music. I can't remember what the music was, but it was wonderful and resounded around the bay. Out of the basket came first the wine, a plate of cheese and fruit, a salad (that was put into the bowl). They then served up out of containers in the basket beef wellington (roasted beef wrapped in puff pastry) and baked potatoes. They lit the candles, poured the wine and we ate as the sky and the few clouds changed from pink to red and then the night sky was lit up with stars. We sat and talked, laughed, drank and ate for hours. It felt like we were sitting 'on' the water out in the bay. It was a wonderful night.

frantique

frantique

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,700 posts
Instead of criticizing, why not contribute a date you've been on that is impressive!

anzenketh

anzenketh

• Topic Starter
  • Technician
  • 2,854 posts
I am starting to find that it is rather fun to be at the parents house either mine or hers. It is nice and inexpensive.

I have a grand outing planed sometime this summer to take a tour of a nearby cave where I am. The hike is horrible but the scene is beautiful.

I am not quite ready to do something quite as extravagant as frantique did. That was rather extravagant.

K Galli

K Galli

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
A few different dates I've done were:

Skydiving, thank goodness I wasn't paying for her as well.

A nice dinner and then walking around a cemetery near where we live, it's quiet and really gives time to talk with no distractions.

If you're looking for creative ideas though often the simplest are the best, an ex once told me that her favorite date was when we played Mall Madness at my house and had dinner with my parents. Maybe with the cave bring an easy meal, sandwiches and chips to eat while you're out?

anzenketh

anzenketh

• Topic Starter
  • Technician
  • 2,854 posts

If you're looking for creative ideas though often the simplest are the best, an ex once told me that her favorite date was when we played Mall Madness at my house and had dinner with my parents.

There is power in that statement however not every person likes something simple. A lot of people like adventure. These questions by the way is not only for me but for all the male geeks out there.