Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

programs wont open properly and/ or missing.. [CLOSED]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Jin805

Jin805

• Pip
  • 4 posts
im new to this forum and im not even sure if this is where i should be posting this .. but i seem to have have caught this worm on my laptop.. i ran a few fixes that i found on the net which seem to have disabled the active desktop portion of the virus .. but now i cant seem to run any programs .. keeps bringing up the 'open with' box .. and i cant even seem to use the 'run as' option either .. any help on this stupid worm?

Advertisements

Jin805

Jin805

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
i cant seem to start any program like normal .. i get a 'open with' window instead .. and only some programs i have been able to run using the 'run as' option .. i cant get hijack this to work .. i cant seem to run any program that will clean my registry and i cant open regedit .. even in safe mode admin ...

greyknight17

greyknight17

Malware Expert

• Visiting Consultant
  • 16,560 posts
Welcome to GTG.

Please do not create duplicate topics especially less than an hour apart...that's frowned upon and will probably be ignored by the staff since it shows that you are impatient. Remember, we are all volunteers here.

Please read this topic and post your HijackThis log here when ready.

greyknight17

greyknight17

Malware Expert

• Visiting Consultant
  • 16,560 posts
Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.