Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

GeForce FX5200 with Geforce 6200?

• Please log in to reply

Travis E

Travis E

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Yeah I just recently got my computer new graphics, GeForce FX5200 and Geforce 6200. I can install them but when I get them in my computer i cannot move the mouse or use the keyboard. So I restart it, then a message says Invaild mode like 600x200 or something? But i cannot change it to 1024x768 because the sceen is black.... They are both really nice cards and I need to know how to install them properly

Advertisements

Artellos

Artellos

Tech Secretary

• Global Moderator
  • 3,915 posts
Turn off your computer.
Open the case of the computer.
Make sure you're properly grounded before working on your computer or you can damage it.
Then place the Video card into the PCI-Express slot. (Shown below)
Posted Image
Then close your case again and turn the computer on.

I belive you can only have 1 of these cards in the computer at the same time though. (Please correct me if I'm wrong guys)
Hope this has been helpfull.

Regards,
Olrik

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
Could you tell us the make and model of this computer. If it's generic please let us know the make and model of the motherboard.

Do you have a user manual for this computer/motherboard? If yes, please consult it for the installation of two video cards.

copperheadretro

copperheadretro

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
There may be a white clip on the PCI-E 16x slot which you have to pull out to put the GFX Card in, When you push it in your should hear a 'click' which meens it has been seated properly.

Travis E

Travis E

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Could you tell us the make and model of this computer. If it's generic please let us know the make and model of the motherboard.

Do you have a user manual for this computer/motherboard? If yes, please consult it for the installation of two video cards.

The model is the E-3600 and its gateway ive got 1024MB of RAM and my page file says 485mb used 1975 avalibe

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
I can't find a user manual at Gateway. Besides, there is a whole range of e-3600, starting with very weak corporate edition going up to work stations under the same name.

It looks like like quite an old machine and I doubt if it can run two video cards. I guess that there is only one AGP slot and some PCI.

Honestly, I am not sure. Not enough data and too many guesses. Try to find your user manual for details or approach Gateway's support.