Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

NTLDR and Windows cd boot problem

• Please log in to reply

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
So we are back to square 1.

My opinion is that this hard disk must be formatted and windows reinstalled. At the present situation you can't do that. I have seen such cases in which the only way to format was to take the hard disk out and rig it to another computer. while there, save your important data to another storage device. When finished, go to My Computer and right-click the damaged disk. Choose format and let it be formatted. When finished, take it back to the original computer and install windows.

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
I installed Windows XP on the IDE hard drive. but I can't see the SATA hard drive in My Computer > (right click) Manage
I can see it in the BIOS but not in Disk Management
What do I need to do?

Edited by neoeyal, 16 May 2008 - 02:17 AM.