Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

AVG8 free and CDBurnerXPPro free version

• Please log in to reply

PPJ

PPJ

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Windows XP home edition SP2 using AVG8 free -looking for a CD-DVD burning software (free) to replace Sonic RecordNow v. 6.5 that will allow drag and drop to a CD-RW. Any suggestions or ideas about CDBurnerSPPro free version?
DLA part of RecordNow, when disabled, keeps CDROM from recognizing a blank CD-RW. Says Drive "x" inaccessable.
When DLA is active, drag and drop works, but when ejecting the CD-RW get blue screen. Have updated PX engine, etc. (RecordNow was pre-installed on Dell Dimension 2400 computer at purchase)
Please help before I pull the rest of my hair out trying to get something to work. Sorry if this is not well explained, but I have been battling this so long, what little brain I had is fried.

Advertisements

wizzy2k5

wizzy2k5

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,057 posts
Hi there PPJ and welcome to geeks to go

If you looking for free cd/dvd burning software I would reccomend you try out CD Burner XP :) This also supports drag and drop :)

http://cdburnerxp.se/

Great program

Edited by wizzy2k5, 13 May 2008 - 11:01 AM.