Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Facebook Frustration

• Please log in to reply

Pup7378

Pup7378

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I'm hoping someone out there can please help me. I've been using Facebook for about the last 5 months with no dramas. In the last 2 weeks myself, and other users, have been unable to delete or confirm any requests or posts when using my pc. This is a problem with only my computer because when using an alternate one, I can carry out these functions without any drama.

I brother has run virus scans through my pc and deleted anything that may be harmful. He has also re-installed Internet Explorer 7, but still the problem persists.

Does anybody know how I may be able to fix this?

Kind regards.

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
so by saying it's only on your computer, means that you have been able to from another pc?

can you access Facebook or Hotmail using other browsers on your computer? If not, this might be a security software or filtering (e.g., parental controls) issue rather than a browser issue.

Pup7378

Pup7378

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
That's correct, my Facebook works fine from any other PC. I'm currently using a HP Pavilion desktop at home.

Yesterday I installed Firefox and tried to use Facebook from that browser, but the problem still existed.

I've got a bad feeling that my 3yo boy had something to do with this. I caught him on the computer a few weeks ago pressing 183 buttons at once - and since then its been having dramas.

Any ideas as to how I can fix this? I admit, I'm not too good on computers and tend to bumble my way through things.

Pup7378

Pup7378

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Just to let you know, my Facebook is now running smoothly once again. I installed some new antivirus software which identified a glitch and has since fixed the problem.

Thank you for your assistance. :)