Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Need to emulate floppy

• Please log in to reply

briansr

briansr

• Pip
  • 2 posts
PLEASE READ!!!! THANKS!

im installing a new program and i need to select a destination for the program to import the data library but at the same time im supposed to insert a floppydisk to import an other file... turns out its 2008 and no one has a floppy dirve.. the problem is not gettin the files out of the floppy beacuse i have the files on my computer.

im supposed to select 2 data files the data library and the floppy file, but im only given one (1) browse box, if i select the data library destination i get an error "floppy cound not be found" and if i select the floppy i get a "data cant be found"

seems i have to select the data file... and manage to emulate a floppy drive to mount the files on, because the program wont look it up any other way

i tried some VFD application, but it that wont do the job, or i could figure it out... really need some help
thanks in advanced

below i included a screenshot of the installer, (when selecting floppy files )
hope you dont mind i deleted the information on the browse box for privacy
the "Repair DVD" is the data library i mentioned
Posted Image
http://img377.images...393/helpuu2.gif (direct link)

explained as best as i could, if you need any more details feel free to ask

Advertisements

briansr

briansr

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
!!!

TheQuickBrownFox

TheQuickBrownFox

• PipPipPip
  • 714 posts

... turns out its 2008 and no one has a floppy dirve..

Ha! That depends on which country your in! :)

I've got only one suggestion. Hope it helps.
Try a USB Floppy drive.