Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

troble installing office standard 2007

• Please log in to reply

Denchan

Denchan

• Pip
  • 1 posts
when i try to install office 2007 it gives me an error that set up can't find a version of microsoft on your computer. this a brand new computer and a brand new copy of office standard 2007. any reason why it's doing this? thanks

Denchan

Advertisements

**Brian**

**Brian**

Semper Paratus: Always Ready

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,164 posts

when i try to install office 2007 it gives me an error that set up can't find a version of microsoft on your computer.

Can't find a version of Microsoft What? Are you using a Full Version of Office 2007, or are you using the upgrade Version? In order to use an upgrade version, you would have to have a version of Office that you can use to perform the upgrade. If a Microsoft Product qualifies for an upgrade, you would either have to have an older version, such as Office 2002, or Office 2003, or any version of a qualifying Microsoft Product installed to be able to use the upgrade version. If you have an Upgrade Version, but you do NOT have a qualifying product installed, Office 2007 Standard would NOT install, because it can't find a qualifying product.

(Example: I have a Version of Office 2002 - In order for me to use it, I have to have a qualifying product to have it install. I also have a Version of Frontpage 2000 and 2003. If I Install the qualifying products (FP2000 or FP2003) First, then Office 2002 will install with no problem.)

If you are using a Full Version of Office 2007 Standard, you should be able to install with no problem.

Good Luck!!

Brian