Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

RemoteAdmin.AWM/VIPUn.dll - Baddies?

• Please log in to reply

911pchelp

911pchelp

• PipPipPip
  • 290 posts
Just got a rash of AVG 8.0 warnings for:

Potentially Unwanted Program
File name: C:\System Volume Information\_restore{...}\RP130\A0233243.dll
Threat name: Potential harmful programRemoteAdmin.AWM

Searched for RemoteAdmin.AWM and found only one entry (and didn't understand it) .... it was a POST (actually a thread in Tech Support Guy forum) and a couple of people had gotten the same warning from AVG 8.0. They mentioned problems with Cross Loop.

I tried uninstalling Cross Loop but got an error saying VIPUn.dll couldn't be found and the uninstall was terminated. (Same problem as described in TSG Post.)

Next time the AVG warning occurred (very soon) I choose the Delete option - haven't had the warning since (2.5 hrs).

IS THIS SOMETHING I SHOULD BE CONCERNED ABOUT?

Used AVG 8.0 to scan PC for first time last night ( was using 7.5 fo several months before that) and wondered if it caused a problem or was just a coincidence.

Advertisements