Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Motherboard Problem

• Please log in to reply

sithpigeon

sithpigeon

• PipPip
  • 72 posts
Ok I have been building a computer up from older junk (I have no money to buy my own stuff) and found a motherboard that seemed pretty good. I connected it to the power and tried to start it but it wouldn't, I got absolutely nothing. I then tried hooking up a different board and that one started fine. I'm kind of new to motherboards and am not sure what could be causing it. The motherboard is a GA 7DX REV 2.2. If anyone knows how to troubleshoot this problem I could use some help. Thanks

Advertisements

shard92

shard92

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,129 posts
Well if you are sure the power supply is good ( is this board/processor much newer/bigger than the one that worked?) and you have checked that the memory and processor are seated correctly on the board and you are sure you have the right pins for turning on the power then my guess would be a dead board/cpu.....