Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

The BIG Freeze OE

• Please log in to reply

masaloi

masaloi

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
Hi,

I'm using OE6 and it has just developed a freeze whenever I click on the Send/Receive button.

I can wade through all the emails and folders no problem but as soon as I click on Send/Receive it freezes every time.
AND if I remain in The Main Identity of OE for a couple of minutes without any activity at all it freezes also.
In Device Manager I find my Network adapters are

Realtek RLT8139/810xFamily Fast Ethernet NIC
VIA Rhine 11 Fast Ethernet Adapter

Both are shown to be working properly though my system tray says a network cable is unplugged.

When I go to Network Connections it indicates that VIA Rhine network cable is unplugged.

I cannot repair it in Network Connections as the repair is greyed out but I can disable it.

When I open OE I can click on the Send from the Send/Receive dropdown but if I just click on that Send/Receive button or utilise the Receive dropdown then everything just freezes so I have to reboot...in all of this no problem with IE6.

Advertisements