Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Keyboard problems

• Please log in to reply

Epic Fail

Epic Fail

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Well, I've got a new problem, and it's actually more annoying than my last...at least when playing a game I didn't hear the [bleep] blender sounds coming from the tower over gunfire/talking..but now my keyboard is wacky, when I play something, unless it's stepmania, when I move it acts as though sticky keys is on, of course I know it's not, I've checked. If I say, press W to move forward and hold it, I let go to stop, but it just keeps pushing forward inhibiting any action from anything, mouse, other keys, whatever, nothing works when it does this. It started when playing online, I initially thought it was lag, big deal..that ends..but this doesn't. I've tested it on the Call of Duty 4 single player and it still does it to me, it's highly annoying and I have no idea how to fix it. It does this on CoD4, RB6V, and CS:S, on and offline on all of them. I haven't tested my other games, figure it'll all be the same anyway after testing three with the same result. I've unplugged the keyboard and plugged it back in, didn't help any..I actually think it made it worse since it's now locking up in game more frequently.

Hope that's enough info, I'm very tired right now..may have left something out >.<

Edited by Epic Fail, 14 May 2008 - 10:51 PM.

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,591 posts
wow! your having your run of bad luck! Could be you have some gunk under the keys. you can carefully pry up the keys and look underneath. You could also turn it upside down and give it a good shaking and maybe a light tap. Be suprised what falls out. Even canned air could be used to clean it.

other than that, you could alway look for a new keyboard. Try cleaning it and see if that helps.

Epic Fail

Epic Fail

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Yeah, it is terrible luck >.< At least keyboards are cheap if I can't get it to work..kinda depressing I didn't think to use canned air...especially considering I have some laying around here somewhere. I wonder what's gonna decide to go next and when >.< But I'll do all of those, if none work, I'll just go buy a new keyboard, not like it'll drive me bankrupt XD