Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

block live messenger on the network

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

stytchii

stytchii

• Pip
  • 2 posts
in a school project i have a Debian firewall (iptables/shorewall) to protect the network. everything is working fine, but i can't block live messenger. i have tried to block all ports and urls like microsoft tells (http://support.micro...kb/927847/en-us) but live messenger can still connect to the internet.

can someone tell me what i'm missing or is there a easier manner to block live messenger on a firewall?

Advertisements

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Administrator
  • 20,959 posts
  • MVP
GeekstoGo provides free support to home users. We are not here to provide help with school projects or homework of any kind. This topic is closed.