Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Laptop won't power up? [Found solution!]

• Please log in to reply

shawandamom

shawandamom

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Hi,

I have an Acer laptop, operating system is Windows Vista. I used it yesterday afternoon, then shut down normally. When I went to turn it on last night (plugged in the AC), it would not power up. I tried it both on battery only and AC only. The little light (which I assume is the battery light, with the + and - sign on it?) was orange last night. I left it plugged in, and today I tried it again. Now that little light is green, but the computer still won't turn on. NOTHING happens. Any clues?

Thanks!

Edited by shawandamom, 14 May 2008 - 11:53 AM.

Advertisements

shawandamom

shawandamom

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Well, after I posted this I found another post, a few years old, where a staffer (gerryf, I believe) had posted to remove the AC, remove the battery, hold down the power button for 10 seconds, then plug in the AC and start the computer.

I have to tell Gerry, if you are still around THANK YOU FOR BEING A GENIUS! It worked! (My caps are for emphasis, not shouting...or shouting with joy, maybe!)

Edited by shawandamom, 14 May 2008 - 11:52 AM.